Wednesday, August 31, 2011
14dpo - beta
Pee test this morning was negative again so I knew what was coming. The beta was negative. I'm really bummed (understatement) but trying to ignore it. I mean really, did I expect any different?
I was already gloomy enough in my last post so here is my attempt at thinking happy thoughts.
The fertility clinic I go to has the best blood drawers ever. I have a needle phobia - have never been good with them. Obviously through the IF years I've learned to better deal with frequent blood draws but they still freak me out. This place makes it so much better. They get it over with super fast, they try to distract if I seem like I'm getting anxious, they hardly ever leave any bruise or mark at all (I've had some bad ones at other places), and often I can barely feel the needle go in. The picture below shows my arm a few minutes ago - see the tiny red dot? That's the only mark and I hardly felt it. Today, as she was drawing my blood I told her they are awesome at it and I appreciate it so much.
Things I get to do now:
- Stop taking so many pills a day for a little while. I currently take 7.
- Stop taking the progesterone gel every night. Ugh that stuff is unpleasant.
- Not worry about if I'll be able to do the upcoming vegas half marathon while 18 weeks pregnant. I'm signing up officially in the next couple days.
- Get rid of the sore boobs in a day or so hopefully. (well, the soreness anyway, not the boobs themselves...)
- Move on and officially end this cycle. This random cramping must be from the progesterone and, now that I know everything is negative, it's driving me crazy :/
I'm planning on doing this all again next cycle if they'll let me. I must be crazy.