Monday, April 27, 2009

My Job Sucks

I'm still working. Why the heck am I still working?!

I was up until 2am on Fri (Sat morning).

I was up until 3am on Sat (Sun morning).

And I'm still up now - 2am on Monday morning. ugh!

It's times like these that I just feel like saying "Oh, well!", and quitting. But I can't, I know I can't. From the time I was 16, the longest I haven't been employed is about 9 months all together. The majority of that time was right after I moved to CA (when I was 19) and we didn't have a car. Then we got a car but I ended up having surgery and couldn't get a job until I was healed. I remember sitting in an interview, trying to find a comfortable sitting position because the scar on my stomach was still very tender. I've almost always had a job.

I'm so far from a career-minded person, it's not funny. I want to stay home and clean my house, do yard work, cook, bake, etc. That, and caring for babies/children, is my ideal job.

I once was a full time nanny for a little boy from when he was 9 weeks old until he was almost 2 yrs old - it was the best job I've ever had. Sure, there were stressful times, and the pay sucked, but it was awesome. Oh, how I miss that kid.

2 comments:

  1. I got my first job when I was 12. I worked full time for the fist time the summer I was 14. The summer I was 16 I worked 2 jobs - I was a waitress on 2nd shift at one restaurant and on 3rd shift at another. In college I didn't have a job for the first two years because I lived at home and went to school more than full time. Once I moved out of my parents house my junior year of college I had to work full time to support myself. In 2004 my husband (then boyfriend) had his foot amputated and I had to support both of us for 6 months. In 2006 my husband got the staff infection that has kept him from working for the last 2.5 years.

    I used to have a zest for hard work. It's gone now. I just want a really, really, really long vacation. Alas, I doubt that will happen until I retire. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! Jobs suck! My sister nannies and I am so jealous! Except I make more than twice what she does! Hang in there! Sorry you are having a rough time!

    ReplyDelete